- 1 The choice of material for the baths and vapor barrier installation instructions with their hands
- 1.1 In some cases, a vapor barrier ↑
- 1.2 Overview vapor barrier materials ↑
- 1.3 Proper installation of a vapor barrier rolled ↑
- 2 Vapor barrier Steam Bath - the choice of materials and installation
- 2.1 What is steam,
- 2.2 Why use a vapor barrier materials
- 2.3 How to style your vapor barrier in the bath
- 2.4 Installation of a vapor barrier on the ceiling
- 2.5 Interior walls steam insulating material
- 2.6 Mounting vapor barrier layer in the washing
- 2.7 Feasibility vapor barrier installation in other areas
- 2.8 Laying the roof vapor barrier bath
- 3 Vapor barrier for bath: the scheme vapor barrier of the ceiling, walls and roofs
The choice of material for the baths and vapor barrier installation instructions with their hands
To the bath room as you can quickly gain the necessary temperature and it is better to hold on, used for insulating layers. However, the problem with many of heaters - high hygroscopicity, which leads to loss of insulation properties and destruction of raw materials. To protect the insulation from moisture help paroizoliruyuschie film and other materials. Examine what happens for steam baths and saunas, it is better to choose and how to conduct an independent installation.
In some cases, a vapor barrier ↑
In most cases, the insulation use different types of mineral wool. This material does not rot, it keeps the temperature and is inexpensive. Vapor barrier in the bath is designed to hold water vapor and do not let them penetrate into the layer of insulation. If heat is used to store the expanded polystyrene, penoplex or foam, to be protected from steam is not necessary.
Reliable steam, not only improves the efficiency of the insulation layer, but also protects the walls and ceiling of the bath from rotting. When choosing paroizoliruyuschih materials must take into account that different on the premises purpose it is advisable to use a different isolation:
- For the best steam vapor barrier foil, which reflects the warmth and create an additional effect thermos.
- In the shower you can do conventional films.
- In a waiting room and rest room would be appropriate membrane vapor barrier or kraft paper.
Overview vapor barrier materials ↑
In search of an answer to the question: how to choose a vapor barrier for walls and ceiling of the bath, it is necessary to study the properties of available materials. They can be divided into the following groups:
- Various films;
- IZOSPAN membrane-type materials;
- kraft paper;
- insulation with vapor barrier properties;
- Obmazochnaya steam.
This is the cheapest material. The film is good because it sells web widths from 3 to 6 meters. Because of this, it is possible to sheathe the walls and ceiling with a minimum of seams. The six-meter canvas sold film folded in half, that is, the actual width of three meters. In this folded form can be fastened to the wall turned to double layer.
However, the film is fragile. After a few years it will start to break down at high temperatures. Therefore, in modern construction, it is used less and less. If nevertheless decided bath sheathing film choose the thickest fabric - 100 microns thick.
Building paper or kraft paper ↑
In areas where there is high humidity, it is possible to use a dense building paper, the so-called kraft paper. In pure form it is now rarely used, a popular modification Mylar coated or foiled.
Plain foil and kraft paper without plastic interlayer absolutely can not tolerate contact with water, so they are used only for covering the changing room or recreation room. Kraft paper coated with a Mylar or plastic layer - more durable material suitable for both dry saunas, and for steam.
On sale you can find such a vapor barrier for the bath based on kraft paper:
- Izospan FB - Mylar coated paperboard;
- Megafleks KF - similar material from another manufacturer;
- Alurkraft, Izolar - steam trilayer consisting of kraft paper, plastic film and the foil;
- Rufizol S - based on the vapor barrier foil kraft paper.
This material is widely used for the vapor barrier baths and saunas. In addition to hydraulic and paroizoliruyuschih properties, it has insulated effect. It is a flexible sheet of expanded polyethylene.
The most popular izolon foiled coating. He withstands extreme temperature steam, is moisture, retains heat. The thicker the foam layer, the more pronounced for insulating properties. For baths expedient to apply foil izolon at least 3 mm thick.
Foil mineral wool ↑
When deciding how the foil is better to choose for a bath, should pay attention to such a versatile material as foil mineral wool. This is a modern steam, has excellent insulate characteristics.
In fact, this insulation is covered with a heat-moisture-resistant layer. Such a foil vapor barrier is ideal for warming bath. It is mounted on the ceiling and walls of the insulating layer inside and outside foiled.
For plating bath should be chosen coating is not less than 50 mm thick. Foil mineral wool is sold in rolls. In the DIY stores can meet such mineral wool manufacturers:
- Rockwool Lamella MAT - natural foil rockwool perpendicular with respect to the coating arrangement of fibers, providing strength and flexibility of the material;
- Knauf Insulation LMF Alur - rockwool foil to withstand temperatures up to 600 degrees, but the temperature of the air in contact with the foil should not be more than 100 degrees;
- Isover (Izover) Sauna - coating of glass and foil, designed specifically for baths and saunas;
- URSA M-11 F - another coating intended for insulation and vapor barrier wet rooms.
Vapor barrier coating "Izospan» ↑
"Izospan" - is one of the modern materials. The product line is represented by a variety of coatings. However all share one feature - a polypropylene film of varying thickness and strength to protect against moisture.
Vapor barrier "Izospan" that can be used on the ceiling and walls of the bath, do not miss not only couples, but also water. Therefore, this company sheathing materials can be paired and shower rooms.
For plating bath rooms are best such mark:
- foil "Izospan FS» - polypropylene membrane with a metallic coating. Completely vapor and water proof. It reflects up to 90% of the heat that contributes to energy conservation;
- foil "Izospan FX" Foam. Universal product that can be used not only to protect the walls from moisture and insulate them;
- metallized "Izospan FB» with a core of kraft paper, it is preferable to use for the ceiling bath. Like the rest of the foil products, it reflects most of the heat energy, keeping it in the room.
Protection from moisture liquid rubber ↑
Liquid Rubber - a commercial bitumen-polymer mixtures, applied directly to the surface, which must be isolated from contact with steam. The convenience of this method is that you can treat the elements of any, even the most complex configuration.
In the bath liquid rubber usually coated with a concrete floor or concrete and brick walls. For walls sufficient flow of 1.5 kg of the mixture per square meter of surface. On the floor a thicker layer is required, so the flow is about 3kg per square meter.
On sale you can find liquid rubber such producers:
- Roller Grade bitumen-polymer mastic;
- Sikafloor-400 N Elastic;
- Mapegum WRS;
- Izofleks PU-500.
Proper installation of a vapor barrier rolled ↑
If it becomes necessary to make the vapor barrier already finished a bath, you have to remove all of the old lining. If a new building is under construction, the insulation is mounted after the insulation layer, and then sheathe wall finishing material.
General rules plating rooms ↑
Most importantly, what is necessary to achieve the installation vapor barrier materials with their own hands - a complete seal coating. The steam should not fall under the skin through the gaps between the ceiling and the walls through the joints or webs.
To do this, all seams are glued special foiled necessarily or double sided tape. If such an adhesive tape is not present, you can use a regular tape, but a vapor barrier life in this case will be reduced.
Webs superposed on each other with a gap of 5.10 cm. For fastening to the walls use thin strips, which tightly pressed against the surface, after which thin nails are nailed in increments of 15-20 cm. As a variant, the insulation is fixed staple gun, and staples seam additionally glued tape.
It is also necessary to consider the gap between the vapor barrier and the finishing lining the room. Traditionally internal space bath make out smoothly planed boards. Ventilation gap is needed in order to condense moisture to evaporate and had not soaked into the wood.
Make adequate ventilation is very simple. On warming and protected from steam surface packed 2-5 cm thickness bars, and already attached to them decoration boards. We should not forget that it is necessary to ventilate the room sealed after each bath, to dry out the moisture and does not provoke the development of the fungus.
Work on vapor barriers suggest that the walls are insulated. That is, the walls have to be fixed mineral wool layer. Crate under the heater should be wood, because it will be fixed and vapor barrier.
To heater worked as efficiently as possible, paving the insulation film between the mineral wool and the wall. For these purposes it is better to take the film membrane, thus condensation forming on the cold walls will not fall into the insulation.
Consumables and tools for working ↑
First, prepare all the necessary materials and tools. For vapor barriers baths izospanom, izolona or other insulation film will need:
- required number of film;
- tape for gluing joints;
- staple gun with staples or small hammer and nails;
- gibs, if you select the nails for fastening;
- bars for ventilation gap thickness of at least 2 cm, if the fastener is held staples;
- screws for wood;
- screwdriver or a strong screwdriver.
Step by step instructions for wall covering ↑
Stages of work on the walls, steam baths with their hands look like this:
- Calculate the required amount of material from the total wall area with the overlap on the ceiling and floor of 10-15 cm. The width of a standard roll is 1.5 m. To minimize the number of joints, fabric is secured not vertically but horizontally, that is, you get a horizontal seam around the perimeter of the room.
- The work carried out together - one unwinds and holds a roll of film, and the other attaches it to the wall.
- Skin begin with the bottom corner. Do overlap to the adjacent wall 10 cm and the same number on the floor.
- Gently roll is unwound by the length of the wall, prihvatyvayut stapler in several places that the film does not fall off.
- When he reached the next corner, a vapor barrier is not cut, but simply left the roll stand upright until it reaches the second turn of the cladding wall.
- When mounting IZOSPAN foil or other metallized film, it is placed inside the foundation and by a great outside layer.
- If you work with a stapler, attach the film to a wooden crate brackets in increments of about 20 cm.
- In the case where the fixing is carried out clamping bars, the bar is applied along the battens, nailed it ends, and then additionally fixed with nails in increments of 15-20 cm.
- Moving to the next wall, continuing to unwind the roll. If the roll is finished, the next cloth is applied on the first lap, and the joint is well glued with tape. Similarly sheathe the entire lower part of the room.
- Transferred to the top. Start work again on the angle. The film is positioned so as to obtain an overlap of at the ceiling and bottom vapor barrier.
- Around doors and windows, if any, the web is further fixed clamping bars and glued shut.
- All joints and places of fixing brackets are also required to protect the tape. The absence of any cracks is very important, otherwise the effect will not be.
- If the fasteners held gibs, finishing mounted directly on them.
- If staples are used, it is necessary to fill an additional vertical slats with a minimum thickness of 2 cm to ensure that the ventilation gap.
Stages of a vapor barrier in the ceiling bath ↑
Ceiling insulation film bath is chosen according to the same principle as the wall. It is better to have a foil covering, because through the ceiling lost the lion's share of heat.
Step by step instructions for installing their own hands:
- Before mounting the vapor barrier ceiling baths insulated with mineral wool, and here its layer should be twice thicker than the walls.
- If the room is rectangular, webs arranged along the long side of the ceiling to the seams as small as possible.
- Roll is unwound and deposited film so that she lay down with overlapping on the wall.
- Fix the canvas at the edges and in several places in the middle brackets, so it does not fall off. After that, thoroughly secure the film using staples or clamps along the roof battens.
- Next canvas laid overlapping on top and secured to the ceiling. Thus comes the rest of the film until all the space will not be sheathed.
- All joints between the webs, as well as on the border of the ceiling and walls, carefully glued tape.
- To improve the energy efficiency of the ceiling, from the attic paving another membrane layer to prevent ingress of condensation from the roof insulation.
Work on vapor barriers baths is very simple, but its importance can not be underestimated. Thanks to competently carried out a vapor barrier, increases space efficiency and reduced the cost of its heating.
Vapor barrier Steam Bath - the choice of materials and installation
The most important thing for a Russian bath - so that it can hold a certain time pairs as needed to maintain an optimum microclimate. Below is a look at how to choose a vapor barrier for the bath, as well as schemes for the walls and roof.
What is steam,
Simple steam film is white or blue, which is uniform and with reinforcing fibers. The material has a dense structure, the surface may be either smooth or textured. Insulation for baths and saunas can be a membrane, a corrugated surface, and a profiled covering.
Special film for bath produced with a coating of foil or metallised mylar.
Why use a vapor barrier materials
To create the conditions in the steam room with high humidity and temperature need to make considerable efforts and knowledge. Particular attention is paid to protecting the insulation layer from excessive moisture. Thermal insulation in the bath, as a rule, the basalt wool. In dry conditions, it retains heat well and is not afraid of high temperatures.
But under the influence of moisture its insulating properties significantly deteriorate - Bath begins to lose heat. And if this is still on the insulation and frost influence, it quickly collapses completely. It is for this reason and it is necessary to lay a vapor barrier layer bath.
The reasons for the destruction of insulation:
- Due to the moisture acting from the inside. Russian bath is notable for its relatively high humidity, so the pair will always try to get in on the adjacent steam room. Additionally, on the street, he goes through a heat insulator. This should not be allowed.
- Because moisture arising due to temperature differences in the steam room, outdoors and in the attic. Condensation appears before steam when the air warms up in the steam room itself.
How to style your vapor barrier in the bath
The proper functioning of such a material is needed:
- maximum quality sealing seams and joints;
- provide clearance between the foil and a fine finish.
Absolute sealing insulation joints are likely to fail, but to a large extent reduce the amount of steam that will fall into the insulation, it is quite possible. Need for a vapor barrier foil stack bath overlap somewhere 5-10 cm.
Joints need to glue or double-sided, or foiled tape. You can buy it in any hardware store.
Insulation with foil for a bath can not be hurt. Where the film will be fixed bars will appear and openings. To minimize their use should be staple gun. For maximum quality, in the attachment points on top, you can walk again with adhesive tape.
There is another good method of fixing panels - wooden clamping bars. The nails are driven in every 15-20 cm. In this case, achieved excellent protection against the penetration of steam.
Creating a gap for ventilation
The gap is provided in the process of plating frame for finishing. It must be greater than 2 cm. After the bars are selected, they are nailed on top of the vapor barrier. Further already have a wooden battens. Again, remember that the foil must remain absolutely intact.
As a result, some of the steam which rises up, will drop to condensate vapor barrier film. Formed droplets then are podsushivatsya natural flow of air in the space between the insulation and paneling. When properly executed works of decay can be no question.
Best steam bath and waterproofing material on the foil will basis. It perfectly keeps the steam and, at the same time, reduces losses by reflecting heat waves into the room. There are people who are convinced that the foil or on impact, and it is a waste of resources, but, in practice, almost all in the construction of the baths used is coated materials foiled.
Of course, that just a thin foil, no one will use, as it is very easily damaged. Preferable construction foil having a paper substrate.
You can select multiple items on the market of such material:
- RufIzol S. It has a moisture repellent base of kraft paper. It can be applied at temperatures from -60 to 120 C.
- Alukraft. This kind of material has a second intermediate layer between the foil and kraft paper in the form of a polyethylene film.
- Izospan FB. Is a kraft paper with a layer of metalized mylar. He is not considered a metal, which raises questions about the appropriateness of its use in the steam room. However, according to the manufacturer material capable of withstanding temperatures up to 140 C.
- Megafleks KF. An analogue of the previous embodiment.
- Yutafol H170 AL. A membrane composed of 4 layers, and is suitable for such a steam sauna and bath.
There is also a vapor barrier for the steam bath with glass cloth backing. It has high strength, and can withstand up to 450 ° C (briefly to 600 ° C), which is even excessive quantity. Such indicators allow its use for the isolation of chimneys.
Naturally, the cost of such material would be much higher. He enhanced thermal insulation properties, so it is possible to save on additional insulation (to reduce the layer).
On assurance of the manufacturers, glass cloth insulation is environmentally clean, making it ideal for finishing baths. Although pay for it will have three times more than the stuff on kraft paper substrate.
Almost all the material is present on the market - Unbranded.
Among the well-known brands include:
- Termofol Alstom - up to 400 ° C;
- foil insulating;
- Armofol - up to 150 ° C, there is a variation on the self-adhesive base.
You can still take advantage of foil insulation. Method of stacking the same as that of a simple insulation, so you can save on installation time.
Present such marks foil material:
Also worth noting is that by choosing the material, it is important to take into account the performance of its flammability. Better if it will be non-combustible or slightly combustible material, because the baths are fire hazardous facilities, and in this case it is desirable to be safe.
Installation of a vapor barrier on the ceiling
When installing a vapor barrier for a bath at the ceiling make sure joints around him - the material must be laid overlapping on the wall in order to minimize heat loss. Secure the material can be in the same double sided tape or straps pinning him. Thus, maximum reliability is ensured.
Often, in addition to the primary insulation in the attic and put another layer moisture repellent material. There, it is particularly necessary, since after the rain through the roof can leak droplets of moisture. In any case, to be safe can not hurt. Only in this case it will require vapor-permeable waterproofing - it will permeate the insulation couple get into the attic and there to evaporate.
To produce a vapor barrier of the ceiling in the bath can be and with the use of publicly available materials. This method assumes binder rafters thick, more than 50-60 mm, boards, sometimes edging. In the attic on the board, steam spreads.
If the budget is running out at all, in its capacity as a varnish impregnated cardboard can be used, waxed paper, glassine paper, a material similar in properties. Edges and joints are carefully processed, then spread the mixture on top of the clay paste. Sometimes there add straw or sawdust to give the finished material of increased viscosity, and education in the future, the minimum number of cracks.
After the final layer of clay is dry, fresh smeared crack formed, and again waiting until the material is dry. Next is transferred to the heat-insulating layer tab, and the ceiling in the steam room itself sewn wooden paneling.
Interior walls steam insulating material
Vapor barrier in the steam on the walls is carried on almost the same pattern as the arrangement of the ceiling. The difference is only that the thickness of the insulation layer (for double walls is smaller). In this case, it is also suitable foil or membrane film, which let in a few at the ceiling (also read: "How to make the ceiling in the steam room and spend through the chimney").
You will also need a vapor barrier prokleivat space dockings with door and window openings, as well as other designs. The better get steam, the longer it will last bessboyno bath, and do not need to prematurely replace certain elements of warming.
Mounting vapor barrier layer in the washing
Bath to seamlessly worked for as long as required to provide a vapor barrier in the washing compartment. It is also present excessive humidity and temperature readings are much lower that far from normal conditions.
It is therefore important to ensure not only quality steam vapor barrier, but also washing. Although in this case the material can be dispensed on the basis of foil. Perfectly suited diffusion membrane. They will not give to get a couple to a heater, and if the membrane with the inner part is equipped with a hygroscopic layer that will hold moisture in the insulation.
This suggests that if the rough surface of the membrane formed droplets, they are held until evaporate under the influence of air currents. To such a scheme to work, you need to leave a gap for ventilation between fine finish and a layer vapor barrier.
Ensure that the vapor barrier layer has been fixed on the right side surfaces - the foil outwards. Otherwise, the material quickly dissolved, and it is necessary to carry out its complete replacement, otherwise it will be impossible to use the bath.
Feasibility vapor barrier installation in other areas
Whether or not to carry out the installation of a vapor barrier in other areas, up to you. In the same locker room after the bath procedures necessary humidity level will rise. If your room is made of wood, and you do not plan to spend any of its insulation from the external side, from the inside, it is possible and not to lay a vapor barrier - drying will be carried out in a natural way, as the tree breathes, and it will go through a pair. But in this case it does not interfere with the normal install a ventilation system, or over time can also cause problems.
But if your room built of bricks or foam blocks, it is necessary to lay a vapor barrier within the entire bath is mandatory. In addition, designing the ventilation system, it is necessary to take into account that will need to be dried not only layers of insulation and vapor - and giroizolyatsiyu, but the walls, due to the fact that they are made of absorbent material.
Consequently, the vapor barrier layer is supplemented moisture repellent material. There are two methods of warming bath of brick, and they both involve laying of foil material which will perform the function of the vapor barrier, and at the same time, will retard heat.
Laying the roof vapor barrier bath
To ensure proper vapor barrier in the bath, you need to install it, not only on the walls and ceiling, but also on the roof. To do this on a wooden frame laid out in the attic vapor barrier membrane, and on top of the insulation and waterproofing. And already it made installation kontrobreshetki followed by fastening of roofing material.
In the article above, we considered in detail how to make a vapor barrier in the bath. We need to clearly understand the difference between steam from the waterproofing, to understand their characteristics, to have at the end of all works not unforeseen nuances. If done correctly, the finished room will last a very long time.
Vapor barrier for bath: the scheme vapor barrier of the ceiling, walls and roofs
To Russian Steam Bath, one of the main tasks - to keep pairs. After all, high humidity, we need to create the right atmosphere. Its second task - to protect the insulator from getting wet: wet it is much worse to protect the premises from heat loss.
Foil vapor barrier - the best choice for the sauna
If this is the usual vapor barrier - is a dairy film, white, blue. There they were "in a cage" with reinforcing fibers have homogeneous. The touch - dense, the surface may have different textures - smooth and rough. There vapor barrier membrane. They are non-linear - or have a corrugated surface studded with projections.
Especially for baths and saunas produce the vapor barrier coating with a heat: it may be a foil or a metallized mylar.
High humidity and temperature in the sauna Russian bath requires a special approach. It is important to protect the heat insulating layer from moisture. Why protect him? Deal with the fact that for heat insulation of premises used mostly basalt wool. In the dry state it has good insulating properties, made of natural materials, it tolerates high temperatures. But in the important state of its thermal conductivity is greatly increased, it is worse than protects against heat loss. And if you freeze when wet, then it does crumble. That is why it is necessary to protect it from moisture in any condition. And from the liquid (water proofing) and from the pair:
- Moisture coming from the building. Humidity in the Russian steam bath is very high, the air is saturated with moisture, for couples to seek in the other rooms and the street (via a thermal insulator). And that we need to avoid.
- Moisture generated due to temperature changes in the steam room and the attic and on the street (and on the ceiling and on the walls of the inner lining). It condenses before you started readability steam during heating of the air in the steam room.
In order that such material is necessary to carry out its tasks:
- to provide the best possible sealing of seams and joints;
- make between the foil and the finishing was a ventilation gap.
You can buy or metalized tape and prokleivat joints outside or double, and attach cloth to each other
Complete sealing of joints and all the material for the protection of steam to create, probably will not succeed, but it significantly reduces the amount of steam entering into the heater as possible. For this purpose, the cloth is laid with calling one to another by a few centimeters (5-10 cm).
Joints glued and double-sided adhesive tape, which allows the two to bond the cloth tightly, and foiled a special tape that is sold in the same place and foil material.
It is equally important when installing a vapor barrier foil to preserve its integrity. In those places where the film is attached to the bars, holes are formed. Minimum damage during installation provided by using staples from the staple gun. For those who love the excellence in everything, you can place them on top optional mounting glue tape.
Second good way - fixing panels clamping wooden slats, in which the nails are hammered with a gap of 150-200 mm. Here protection against the penetration of steam immediately improved.
How to make a ventilation space vapor barrier
This clearance is provided kontrobreshetki bars, subsequently fastened lining. The gap -. At least 2 cm corresponding bars picked up, nailing them on top of the vapor barrier. And for them already fasten battens. When it locks do not forget about the need to preserve the integrity of the foil.
What is obtained by: a part lifted upwards vapor condenses on the vapor barrier film. Hanging droplets are dried by air flow which passes between the film and the lining. If done correctly, no problems with rot there.
The gap between the vapor barrier and provide trim bars kontrobreshetki
For the best steam vapor barrier materials include foil materials. They are not simultaneously passed steam and reduce the loss of heat due to thermal waves reflect back into the room. Some believe that it is - a trick sellers, but in fact no matter what the foil is not affected, except the cost of finishing. But in practice, it is preferred to put the foil or foil materials.
Simple to use thin foil is difficult: it tears easily. Much more convenient construction foil on a paper basis. Here are a few materials:
- RufIzol S. foil, fixed to the waterproof kraft paper. Operational temperature range from -60 ° C to + 120 ° C.
So look at the materials kraft paper
There are foils based on fiberglass. It is more durable, also less combustible, but it is more expensive. According to the manufacturer, the withstand this material up to + 450 ° C (peak load to + 600 °. This is more than adequate for use even near the chimney. This material is simultaneously protected from steam has heat insulating properties. This is not to say that no insulation can be dispensed with, but smaller layer to use - easily.
Use it in baths, according to the manufacturers, it can be: it does not emit harmful substances. For the price: Estimated cost is 3 times higher than in the kraft paper.
By brand: almost all materials nameless. There are only a few to name:
- Termofol Aalst - temperature regime to + 400 ° C;
- Foil insulating - heat-resistant thermal insulators;
- ARMOFOL - resistant to + 150 ° C, there are various types, even with a self-adhesive base.
If you want to see the description and characteristics of the "nameless" hammer in the search for "foil on the glass." And already there is a select
These are materials based on glass. In addition they have a vapor barrier is still quite significant properties of thermal insulation
There are a combination of a thermal insulator, covered with foil. It fits as a conventional insulator - vrasporku between bars crates, and the joints are glued foiled tape. By using such a material saving installation time. If this is important to you, you can use such material. Despite the fact that the material is relatively recent, offers more here:
- Isover (Isover) Sauna;
- URSA (Ursa) foil;
- BATH Bats from ROCKWOOL.
It - thermal insulation, covered with foil
There is one important nuance: when choosing the material, pay attention to its flammability. It is desirable to select or readily flammable or combustible materials. After bath - a building fire risk and there is better perestahovatsya.
The figure shows the general scheme of heat-ceiling steam vapor barrier. Note that in the joints of the walls and ceiling material vapor barrier is laid with a "sunset" on the wall. This minimizes the penetration of steam. For reliability, the edges of the material needs to be fixed, ensuring tightness possible: if it works, you can use the same double sided tape, or press firmly to the material of the wall bar.
Scheme ceiling steam insulation steam bath or sauna
Often the part attic (or second floor) is laid another layer of waterproofing material. It there actually needed: a thermal insulator to protect from condensation that may drip from the roof, by precipitation, which may seep from spilled on the floor of the second storey. Never mind. This one option when it is better to be safe. Only need this time, vapor-permeable waterproofing. This is the steam, caught still in the insulation could reach the under-roof space, and already there to evaporate.
There is also the option of a vapor barrier ceiling steam using the "grandfather" of the method, and publicly available materials. In this case, the ceiling beams filed thick board (no less than 50-60 mm), often edging, from the loft or roof boards laid on the vapor barrier. In the embodiment, the budget - it may be paperboard impregnated with varnish, wax paper, glassine paper or any modern material with corresponding properties. The edges and joints also require careful sealing. On top of this layer is laid soaked clay to a paste, which is sometimes added straw or sawdust - for higher viscosity as well as to the cracks were not formed or were small.
, Steam, steam room ceiling with clay
After drying the clay layer, cracks appeared again and again allowed to obscure the material to dry. Then the already laid layer of insulation (what materials are used for insulation bath read here), and from the steam stuffed battens or boards.
Scheme of steam vapor barrier wall does practically no different from the "pie" on the ceiling. All the difference in the thickness of the layer of thermal insulation (to the ceiling it twice). On the walls in the steam room are also recommended to lay a film or foil membrane (do not forget to ensure that it is "set" in the ceiling and floor).
Vapor barrier is necessary prokleivat at the joints with tape
It should also prokleivat places where vapor barrier material is joined with the window or door openings, other structural elements - the smaller the vapor will penetrate under the film, the better will be the protection and prolonged service life of the bath without repair and replacement of insulation elements.
Vapor barrier baths: the sequence of stacking materials for ceilings and walls
Vapor barrier in the washing compartment
To make room, stood for many years without any problems and the need for repairs to be done as a vapor barrier in the washing room. It's not so much the high humidity, temperature and non-critical, but still the conditions are far from normal: there is sometimes a lot of moisture in the form of steam, and in the form of water.
In the bath, steam washing compartment is also needed, but use the foil material is not needed. In this case it is advisable to apply the diffusion membrane which on the one hand prevent steam penetration into the insulation and on the other to hold the existing insulation cake moisture (if the membrane has the inner side of a hygroscopic coating).
In this case, the membrane on its rough side, a droplet of water is delayed until until dried air flows. In order for this to work, between the vapor barrier and finishing must be a ventilation gap.
Scheme heat and steam baths insulation wall of shaped timber
How to mount it on a wooden floor (and on the ceiling panel) and on the wall is demonstrated in the video. Note which side is placed on the vapor barrier wall. Easily confused side, and as a result nothing will not work, and after some time will be necessary to repair the replacement skin.
Do I need in other areas
Do or do not have a vapor barrier in the other rooms bath - the choice is yours. But even in the locker room when using the bath level of humidity is always much higher than the norm. If you have a room built of wood, and will not be warmed from the inside or the outside, then it is possible to do without this layer - drying will occur due to the fact that the wood "breathes", has the ability to output pairs. But even in this case already be desirable to have an elaborate system of ventilation in the bath.
If the bath of brick or concrete blocks, the vapor barrier in all areas obyazatelna.Prichem in the preparation of ventilation and insulation cake / vapor / waterproofing must be borne in mind that will not only dry insulation, but also the very walls of the hygroscopic material.
Scheme steam baths of bricks
Therefore, in addition to a layer of a vapor barrier on the inside wall of the waterproofing layer is required. The diagram shows two method insulation brick walls bath in which necessarily includes a foil material, which serves as a vapor barrier and simultaneously reduces heat loss.
Make vapor barrier wall and ceiling Bath enough. To ensure the safety of the walls and roofing materials is also required vapor barrier of the roof. To do this, from the attic to the crate, fit vapor barrier membrane, a layer of insulation on it, from the top - waterproofing, which is done by kontrobreshetka, and already it is attached roofing material.
When choosing materials, it is necessary precisely to imagine the difference between the vapor barrier and waterproofing. This video intelligibly and processes discussed in detail, their characteristics and differences, and the requirements and characteristics of the materials used.
Thank you for publishing, it is very well written, everything!