- 1 Vapor barrier for the floor
- 2 What material to choose a vapor barrier of sex and how to pack properly, securely, reliably
- 3 sex, steam,
- 3.1 When and why do sex vapor barrier?
- 3.2 The choice of material for the floor vapor barrier
- 3.3 Installation instructions floor vapor barrier
- 3.4 Vapor barrier reinforced concrete floor
Vapor barrier for the floor
Choosing material for the floor in the house of a vapor barrier, which one to choose the material as it is put right
Building your own home - troublesome and responsible. You need to take everything into account and provide the technology required to observe in installing all the planes and surfaces, whether it's wall, floor or roof. And all in order to obtain a durable and comfortable home of their dreams, rather than collapsing and rotting, damp and cold structure.
Not least in the creation of warmth and comfort of all home is such a subtle but important - steam. And we will talk in this article about what is sex, steam, and why it is needed.
Vapor barrier: what is it?
It is thanks to the vapor barrier in the building and each room maintains the optimum temperature and moisture conditions, which prevents the formation of mold and mildew and makes it more comfortable for human habitation and durability, strength structures.
Therefore, vapor barrier - is a mandatory step in the construction of any low-rise buildings and structures: the country house, baths, garage.
Vapor barrier - a complex protection of structures and thermal insulation of walls, roof and floor from the effects of steam and condensate appearing in the case, if the vapor barrier is not carried out or not carried out correctly.
Unlike waterproofing materials, prevents penetration of steam only vapor rather than liquid (water). Therefore, steam is mounted on the inner side of the building surfaces and waterproofing - the outer. Although, at the moment, many manufacturers of steam and water-proof materials produce universal materials used for both steam and waterproofing of structures and facilities.
Enumeration themselves vapor barrier materials also large: Polymeric varnishes, roll and sheet materials, insulation film and diffuse membranes used for roofs and walls, the floor. We consider in more detail the options vapor barrier materials applied to the floor, steam was organized in a wooden house.
Optimal materials for the organization of the floor vapor barrier in a wooden house:
Polyethylene film: the cheapest, most affordable, but also the least durable material that is used as a vapor barrier. If a plastic film is used as a vapor barrier for the wood floor, then for its proper functioning requires a ventilation gap. Laid plastic sheeting without complying parties - both of them are the same. Plastic film is represented by a great variety of species:
- perforated, most often used as a waterproofing layer.
- not perforated, is used as a vapor barrier in the floor of wooden houses, but requires special attention to the installation: any rupture (bursting and it is very easy), it will bring all the efforts on the organization of the floor vapor barrier - to zero.
- With foiled (aluminum) layer, It is used as a vapor barrier material for floors in humid - baths.
- reinforced, It is composed of 2 layers of plastic film, between which there is an additional reinforcing layer (mesh) - used both as a hydraulic and vapor barrier floor.
Polypropylene film: easy to install, affordable and durable vapor barrier material. As well as plastic film, requires a ventilation gap when installing a vapor barrier floor.
- not reinforced, cheaper and less practical embodiment of a vapor barrier, as reinforced polypropylene film not exposed to the appearance of condensation from the insulation.
- reinforced, protrude in cellulose viscose fibers as a reinforcing layer. This layer retains pairs preventing him condensable, followed by gradual drying, without damage to the heat insulating material. Stacked reinforced-reinforced polypropylene layer down.
Diffuse membrane: the most expensive and high-quality form of a vapor barrier, but, for some reason, the least frequently used is a vapor barrier wooden floors. The reasons for this are as follows: couples often condenses on the ceiling (in the ceiling vapor barrier, roof and attic floor - diffuse membrane - the undisputed leader), ie, on the floor vapor barrier can be saved, because are these "dyshaschie9quot; materials sufficient. Although construction practice shows - save on materialh - not!
Mounting diffuse membranes is carried out with the presence of the ventilation gap. Diffuse membranes are "dyshaschim9raquo; pictures: facilitate the penetration of air, whereby the moisture level is regulated in a ventilated gap that prevents condensation and destruction of insulation.
- one-sidede, diffusion layer on the one hand, to fit the diffuse layer insulant.
The most used and proven positive diffuse membranes that are not used only as a vapor barrier sexes - is a vapor barrier IZOSPAN floor.
Vapor barrier: whether floor vapor barrier is needed
Such a variety of steam insulating materials with a sufficiently large spread in price can rise to the question: it is necessary, in general, this steam sex?
It should be: steam gender - especially wood, is required!
At the same time, the situation is often such walls ceilings - insulated and paroizolirovanny and floors - saved only insulated.
But the couple formed during floor cleaning, cooking, bathing, and even breathing need to go somewhere, and that it does not penetrate through walls and ceilings, and through no paroizolirovannye floors - to a heater.
If this mineral wool, or eco-friendly - the plucking of moisture from the steam it will lose its insulating properties and becomes a breeding ground for mold and mildew. If the heat insulator you choose foam and its derivatives, the heat in the house will remain, but the moisture will ruin the finish final finishing of walls, ceiling and floor, and again, the breed mold and fungus.
Therefore, the floor should be a vapor barrier, and it should be the correct steam floor: a holistic, arranged in regular layer to the heater, with the presence of the ventilation gap.
Otherwise, we risk here are the problems in the form of accumulated condensate and affected by fungus and mold, rotting joists and floors in your home.
Vapor barrier: how to lay a vapor barrier on the floor
Laying a vapor barrier on the floor - one of the essential steps of the floor insulation:
Simple and quick steps to install a vapor barrier on the floor, make your home comfortable and durable.
What material to choose a vapor barrier of sex and how to pack properly, securely, reliably
Vapor seal the floor, first of all, it is necessary in the premises of the cellars and located on the 1-x floors of residential or industrial buildings without basements. Usually this technology is turning, if mineral wool is used for thermal insulation of the floor. At higher humidity the material loses dampen and insulation properties. Also, steam is widely used when installing floors in saunas and baths to reduce vapor loss to a minimum.
Materials for floor vapor barrier ↑
What materials can be attributed to the modern? Of course, the film - the most common and widely used today. Until the early 90s. information about them is virtually non-existent in our country. Used mainly roofing, asphalt, roofing felt or conventional polyethylene film (tubular). And often they do and do not apply. The appearance on the Russian market a wide range of vapor barrier films associated with the development of construction of elite buildings, for which the required quality materialy.Stoit noted that vapor barrier (which protects it from water vapor), these films are divided rather arbitrarily. Since many of them with success can be attributed to the waterproofing (protects from water), and vice versa.
The most popular are the following:
- wind - steam, - waterproofing «BRANE» (Russian-made);
- wind - steam, - waterproofing "DOMIZOL" (Russian-made);
- wind - steam, - waterproofing "IZOSPAN" (Russian-made);
- steam, - waterproofing "Tyvek" (Danish production);
- conventional polyethylene film.
Of all these materials, the most popular steam floor Izospan. The universal Izospan, a bilayer membrane of polyethylene film most commonly used for floors. One of its sides - rough, designed to hold the capillary evaporation, and the second - a smooth, facing the floor. Always attached to the inside of the material - a heat insulator.
It protects against evaporation insulated design, prevents the formation of condensate, protects the elements of the structure from fungal attack and corrosion, is protected against ingress Improvement insulation fibers. This film can be used in any buildings and with any kind of heater. Usually laid on ceiling joists. Then paroizoliruyuschego between the topsheet material and the insulation and is arranged in the ventilation gap of 4-5 cm and a vapor barrier between the finished floor.
Now there are four main types of material used for the vapor barrier papers (used both inside and outside the building):
The most common plastic film ↑
It has a number of disadvantages. The important thing is that this material provokes the greenhouse effect in the room. However, his supporters often include a similar effect to the pluses. They argue that in the winter time due to film reduced heating costs, and in the summer is not a problem, because all use air conditioners.
Have films another minus. At its installation it is necessary to leave a small gap required for evaporation of condensate. But because of the smoothness of the material on both sides, the condensate is not able to be held, so runs down. There is partially absorbed into the insulator layer. In this scenario, the latter may eventually lose all of its insulating properties.
Modern plastic vapor barrier ↑
It is smooth, only one side, and the other is covered with small villi. These roughness delay condensate going to a vertical surface paroizolyatora layer. Accordingly, it avoids absorbing it into the insulation. The main disadvantage of such a vapor barrier material is that it does not allow the surface to breathe.
Membrane vapor barrier - the leader ↑
This third type of material which is generally used when working in premises with or domestic purposes. To date, this is the best of their species vapor barrier materials. He contributes to the conservation of natural indoor climate. Pairs of hot air when its use is not able to reach the heat-insulating layer. Unfortunately, the cost of it is high enough, so it is available for high-tech membrane is not for everyone.
Sometimes the use of film coated foil reflecting infrared radiation. They are able to trap heat in the room, which is especially valuable.
floor unit with vapor barrier ↑
Vapor such floor begins with dismantling previous coatings, substrate preparation or repair if necessary. When all the work has been completed - you can proceed directly to the installation of waterproofing.
1. Removal of the old coating, dismantling. It is necessary to eliminate all of the layers to tie / cladding boards. Screed it is necessary to be thoroughly cleaned using a broom or vacuum cleaner. Then, inspect it for defects (dents, small and through cracks, large irregularities). If such exist in large numbers, will require some repairs. It will be necessary to straighten the screed to prevent the direct ingress of moisture that could penetrate through cracks of the soil.
2. Installation of the waterproofing. This is necessary as an additional protection against moisture. If waterproofing material roll, it is placed overlapping joints are glued conventional adhesive tape or special tape.
3. Install a lag in the design position. It is necessary to align the level of each lag to horizontality was perfect. In this case, all the wooden elements should be treated with antiseptic. It will protect the wood from the appearance of mold and mildew, insects damaging its surface.
4. Installation of a heater. He fits into the space that sits between the joists. If the tile-insulation material, it is necessary to eliminate the existing gap between him and the joists, so as not to create cold bridges.
5. Laying the vapor barrier on the floor. If applied when laying-layer polypropylene film (second layer - antikondensantnaya surface), it is mounted to the smooth side of a heater and into the room - rough. If the metallized film, it is put to a heater metallized side. Paroizolyator - polypropylene, which has a one-sided coating of the laminated polypropylene film is put to the smooth surface of the insulant, wicker side out. If using a three-layer film with reinforced netting which a 2-side polyethylene laminated film, it must adhere to the heat insulator is dense and have mandatory ventilation gaps of 2-5 cm.
6. Laying floorboards. When mounting note that the surface to floor paroizolyatora desired gap of 1-2 cm.
If the right to make all the technological work, be able to avoid significant loss of heat insulation values in this situation will be at altitude. This will ensure a constant comfortable temperature in the room even in extreme cold.
In general, steam floor in a wooden house is not unlike similar technologies in other areas. Technique can be used on logs, on the ground, on wooden or reinforced concrete slabs. The sequence of application materials is practically everywhere the same, allowing for only minor variations.
For example, on logs:
- First layer - siding boards
- Vapor barrier
- wooden flooring
Vapor barrier on w / w slabs or arches ↑
This question should be considered separately. If you want to install a vapor barrier on w / w slabs or arches, it will need a few other materials, for example, roller - based on bitumen and similar mastics. Also suitable polyethylene based on bitumen-polymer mastic. Sometimes it is used a conventional polymer-bitumen mastic and its surface is coated several times, thus obtaining, a continuous, uniform layer.
Proceed as follows:
- Scraping the ceiling of the previous coating, if any (e.g., underlayer, painting, etc.)
- Inspection surface, climb the removal of all defects such as cracks and dents.
- Surface cleaning dust
- Application of mastics
- Stacking of rolled materials. They should be spread out and secured in overlapping.
Wooden floor and liquid rubber ↑
There is another way to the floor vapor barrier, which would cover 100% of its surface, paroizolyator glued to the base with good adhesion. You can use the liquid rubber - Advanced Polymer-bituminous material. This highly flexible, seamless clean coating, effectively applied as a hydro-, steam- and sound insulation of the wooden floor.
Liquid rubbers are:
- Applied in an automated way. Used as a vapor barrier large surface area - hundreds of thousands of m2. Usually in industries.
- Manually applied to the floor of a few tens m2.
- opened a bucket of mastic;
- mixed content;
- roller or brush (available spatula) material applied to the substrate.
On drying, the bitumen-polymer material forms a rubber film. She firmly glued to the floor, and repeats its relief. It does not transmit any moisture: from below in the form of steam, and from above in the form of liquid rubber vody.Raskhod for wooden floor vapor barrier will be 1 kg (or 1.5 kg) per m2. The film thickness is approximately 0.70 mm. One bucket (10 kg) sufficient to produce a seamless 10m2 vapor barrier coating as concrete, and a tree with excellent adhesion. For waterproofing purposes should increase its consumption of 3-4 kg / m2.
Also note that the color of a vapor barrier rubber - black, it does not matter if it is closed and invisible. Therefore, it should always close the finished floor.
To summarize the above, noting that gender waterproofing - is not extremely complicated and expensive procedure. Sometimes it is not necessary at all. But in classical warming floor technology it is generally used, especially when it comes to areas subject to high humidity. Special materials help retain heat in houses and significantly extend the life of flooring.
The floor in any home - a complex multi-layer structure, which is an important part of the vapor barrier. floor vapor barrier protects the thermal insulation material, as well as the entire floor structure as a whole, i.e. floor boards and the joists of steam. And since in the process of human life in any dwelling house always something being cooked, washed and cleaned, the floor without a proper vapor barrier is in danger of becoming a source of constant dampness. This, in turn, leads to the appearance of mold, mildew and rotting of wooden structures.
To avoid this, proper vapor barrier is required floor in the house, which will prevent the penetration of moisture in the room, damp and cool, do not allow the formation of condensation. Special attention should be steam, wooden floor, which is also discussed in this article.
When and why do sex vapor barrier?
In any enclosed space heat generated steam, whereby indoor humidity is formed. Changing weather conditions and temperature significantly affects the value of the room humidity. In addition, after the heating season, the warm air is mixed with cold, thereby forming water vapor.
The steam whose pressure above atmospheric pressure, is trying to get out. So on the floor at home are constantly exposed to moisture in the form of water vapor.
floor vapor barrier is uniquely necessary to perform:
The choice of material for the floor vapor barrier
In order to provide such protection, stacking is performed one of the following materials: polyethylene film, polypropylene film, the liquid rubber.
It is important to note that the use of all types of films (no membranes) suggests the presence of the ventilation gap!
Usually, a polyethylene film - the most famous and cheapest material for a vapor barrier.
Professional builders share polyethylene films into three groups:
In fact, the floor vapor barrier can be made with any kind of plastic films.
But at the same time, non-perforated polyethylene film made to use as a vapor barrier. Perforated plastic film - as waterproofing. A polyethylene film with an aluminum layer is preferred to use the arrangement for floors in humid areas.
Popular brands of plastic films:
- 1. Polinet - imperforate polyethylene single-layer film;
- 2. Geotex - imperforate polyethylene single-layer film;
- 3. TechnoNICOL - trilayer polyethylene film reinforced with a mesh of polypropylene filaments;
- 3. TERMOFOL90 - trilayer polyethylene film reinforced with a mesh of polypropylene filaments with an aluminum layer.
The downside of plastic films is their poor durability. This limitation requires careful handling of materials of this type during installation.
Unlike polyethylene films, polypropylene films have higher strength characteristics. But at the same time are more prone to condensation. The solution is to give the preference polypropylene films with a reinforcing layer of viscose cellulose.
Here the choice is much wider. It is possible to give preference to any brands class «B» or «C» The following specific producers:
Vapor diffusion membrane are of three types:
- 1. Psevdodiffuzionnye - passing at least 300 grams of water vapor per square meter.
- 2. Diffusion - is passed from 300 to 1000 grams of water vapor per square meter.
- 3. Superdiffuzionnaya - is passed over 1000 grams of water vapor per square meter.
Here it costs just to note that not all types of diffusion films are suitable for vapor barrier floor.
Diffusion vapor barrier membrane of the most expensive, but at the same time the highest-quality vapor barrier materials. When installing such membranes do not need to do ventzazor, so spend money on installation kontrobreshetki.
Installation instructions floor vapor barrier
Laying and flooring material such as steam, to the ground depends on the type of floor covering. Consider the various options. What kind of technology is right for your floors, you can choose.
When you create a vapor barrier in a floor house meant a special technology of its equipment.
The first stage - the preparation of the surface
The first step is to prepare the surface, removing the old coating. If the house is new, the surface should be possible to align, clean and remove dust and dirt. If floors are certain flaws, dents, it would then have to align the screed floor.
The second stage - installation of waterproofing
Next you will need waterproofing, serves an additional protection against moisture. In fact, it's kind of a rough layer, but very important. The essence of its styling depends on the type. If this film in rolls or any other web material, it is strictly laid overlapped by 15 to 20 cm, and is further overlapped joints places special construction adhesive tape for waterproofing.
The third stage - the preparation and installation of lag
The next phase - installation of this lag. To steam under the floor has the highest quality, you need to accurately align each individual lag, achieving a perfect horizontal position. By the way, that your steam lasts a long time, every single lag necessarily be treated with an antiseptic that prevents the formation of mold colonies and the formation of colonies of fungi.
The fourth stage - installation of insulation
Next you will need a heater, which, like waterproofing, must be of high quality and reliable. Only in this case, steam in the house will be able to perform its mandated functions.
insulation slabs are laid strictly between joists vraspor. This will get rid of cold bridges, no gaps should not be.
The fifth stage - the installation of a vapor barrier
And now mounted vapor barrier under the floor. There are various options:
If you are using a special double-sided polypropylene film, then it is placed on the heater is strictly smooth side and a rough indoors.
Unilateral polypropylene films are also placed with the smooth side to the heater, and wicker - the room side
In that case a so-called metallized film (aluminum layer), the side with the metal is placed inside the room. The aluminum layer reflects infrared heat radiation.
Also, as we have said, it can be used as a vapor barrier in a plastic film, or a film with three layers:
- - there are two outer layers of light-stabilized film of high density polyethylene;
- - is provided between them a reinforcing mesh layer of polypropylene.
In this case, it does not matter which way you put a vapor barrier. It is important not to forget to leave a ventilation gap!
It should be noted that these guidelines when selecting hand vapor barrier work in most cases, but not all. For example, steam Izospan B fit rough side of the heater, and smooth into the room. Therefore, we recommend to always study the installation instructions.
On this floor, steam actually completed. You can start laying the insulation and finishing.
If waterproofing and vapor barrier were placed correctly, in accordance with the technology, you can be sure that you will be able not only to keep the room warm. Vapor barrier under the floor will not allow moisture to penetrate into the room and damp, providing maximum comfort in the home microclimate, even in the cold of winter or rainy autumn days.
Vapor barrier reinforced concrete floor
But the vapor barrier on the reinforced concrete floor covering creates a little bit different. In addition, you can use a liquid vapor barrier:
These materials are applied with a brush or a method of "abryzgom", and in the case of mastic asphalt - manually. The layer thickness depends on the material used and in the range of 1 to 10 mm.
It is also possible to use a roll vapor barrier:
Roll vapor barrier should be connected overlap, and all seams sealed hot welding with a solvent or a waterproof adhesive. Welding is more effective than adhesives. The insulation must be got on the adjacent wall.
Vapor barrier is laid on the new cement-sand screed at least 40 mm thick. Finally gets off the floor immediately after drying screed.
As a result, it manages to create a continuous layer, devoid of even minimal defects.
If you need a vapor barrier under the floor of the wood, which guarantees 100% protection of all floor covering, we recommend to pay attention to the liquid rubber. This is a relatively new, but very effective and reliable material on the basis of bitumen and polymers.
It is used in many cases - and when necessary waterproofing, and when you need a vapor barrier under the floor, and sometimes when to perform sound insulation. Rubber, as well as the film, it is quite effective and reliable, and it is of several types:
- - to be applied to the floor with a special technique - This technique is ideal for large surfaces when you need to process several hundred to several thousand square meters;
- - to be applied by hand - when you need to treat the floor in a private house.
Manual method is quite simple and does not require special skills and knowledge. Especially considering the fact that the film is applied even slightly more complex than the liquid rubber.
material distribution technology as follows:
- 1 - prepared by the floor covering, freed from dust, dirt, etc .;
- 2 - no blister layer additionally not applicable;
- 3 - bucket is opened to the rubber;
- 4 - the contents of the container is thoroughly mixed;
- 5 - by means of a brush or spatula ordinary building tires distributed over the surface of the tree;
- 6 - after drying on the wooden cover appears solid rubber film - is not only steam but also waterproofing;
- 7 - on top of the board are protected from the adverse effects of moisture.
It should be noted that consumption of a relatively large rubber - for each square meter of the required kilo and a half kilo of material. That is, a bucket capacity of 10 liters would last only 10 square meters of floor. However, the effect to the maximum, rubber consumption should increase at least three times that on every single square meter of coating consumed about four kilograms of material.
On top of the vapor barrier layer of rubber is required to put Finish flooring.
If you live in a private home, without the high-quality, reliable vapor barrier of sex can not do. Which type of vapor barrier to choose - it's up to you, based on what your flooring. We are confident that our tips and tricks to help you in the creation of insulated and protected from moisture, dampness and mold floor.