- 1 Vapor barrier for walls of wooden houses
- 2 Vapor barrier wall - reliable protection from the damp houses
- 3 Apparatus vapor barrier walls in buildings for various purposes
- 3.1 When laying a vapor barrier on the wall is needed
- 3.2 Materials used for the vapor barrier
- 3.3 Common brand membrane vapor barrier materials
- 3.4 Rules vapor barrier frame walls
- 3.5 Device features a vapor barrier walls of a wooden house
- 3.6 Comments on the article "The device is a vapor barrier walls in buildings of various purpose"
Vapor barrier for walls of wooden houses
Comforts housing depends on the temperature and the humidity in the room. In a wooden house that can be achieved by heating and insulation quality. In addition, to reduce the negative effects of moisture on the walls, floor and roof, you need to control the amount of vapor barrier, and this is a difficult task.
Excess moisture adversely affect the wooden structure of the house. Allocated using the shower, cooking, washing, wet cleaning couples looking for a way out of the room. Since it is much greater than atmospheric pressure, the steam pressure on the ceiling, wall, floor, which together with the difference in temperature favors the formation of condensate. Slowly impregnating wooden frame and sealing water distorts and destroys them: materials rot, moldy, their performance falls.
If in the process of preparation of the boards for the roof and walls was carried out of steam and waterproofing materials for the lag and floor boards do not have this protection. In addition, sexual flooring of the first floor of the house settling on the ground, which increases the negative effects of moisture on it. In order to avoid the process of destruction of the wooden house construction, should take care of a reliable vapor barrier. The protective layer will insulation and prevent moisture contact with a tree, freely releasing air from indoors to outdoors. Thanks to this operational life at home will increase significantly.
The advantages of the vapor barrier wooden houses
Wood (even untreated) has a high degree of thermal insulation and good permeability. Naturalness of this material provides an opportunity to build houses without fear that harmful vapors are released into the indoor air. In addition to the benefits, the tree has significant disadvantages. The ability to collect moisture implies a decrease of heat resistance level and provokes the expansion timber. The appearance of mildew on the walls and other parts of the house deteriorates the aesthetic characteristics of the dwelling and can cause various diseases tenants.
As a result of the regular wetting and drying of the wooden structure is deteriorating sealing joints, so that they become air-rinsed. If the vapor barrier wall for a wooden house is not provided, the materials passing humid air through it and retain the moisture therefrom. To improve the working conditions of the walls and other elements of the timber should be placed parogidroizolyatsionny barrier at the junction of the warm air and cold walling.
building materials market offers various types of Hydro, which have excellent characteristics. Typically, to protect the walls of wooden houses by use of moisture breathable mebrany and films, however, there are other types parogidroizolyatsii. What materials are suitable for thermal insulation and a vapor barrier housing:
- Roofing material. The advantage of this type of material for waterproofing - is low cost, but the roofing material more suitable for installation on the roofs of farm buildings, rather than to protect the walls of wooden houses. In addition, such means is not appropriate to use as the main vapor barrier, but as an additional layer to the more effective materials.
- Aluminium foil. The film with one side coated with metal, the other has a reinforced grid. This arrangement helps to create indoors vapor barrier and a layer which reflects heat. To insulate wooden house, foil vapor barrier creeps metallic coating to the outside. To put on the walls of such material should be careful not to damage its integrity. If you decide to foil his house, housing will not only be protected from corrosion, but also insulated.
- Diffusion membrane. The vapor-permeable material protects the housing from moisture, regulates its amount due to its ability to pass air (with two or one side). Vapor barrier membrane has a high vapor permeability coefficient, which is caused by the microstructure of the material. A significant advantage is the lack of diffuse film between the insulation and the membrane vent lumen provides maximum efficient use of space. Such a vapor barrier for walls of wooden houses provide good insulation of the room. Unlike other types of vapor barrier, the membrane has a high price - it's the only drawback.
- Polyethylene or polypropylene film. Compared to polyethylene, polypropylene is more durable, resistant to atmospheric phenomena. However, the vapor barrier film of the material used to have a significant disadvantage - from insulation prevents condensation on it, leading to a rapid loss of performance of such a vapor barrier wall. Modern type of material has a special layer of viscose cellulose content. It absorbs large amounts of moisture, gradually dries under air ventilation. The main advantages of the films for walls of wooden buildings is their democratic cost, durability, ease of installation.
Features installation of a vapor barrier for walls of wooden houses
Vapor barrier is attached not only to protect the walls of the home from moisture, but also for the purpose of warming the room. Mount Technology material depends on the site of its application. Builders can put a vapor barrier on the outer or inner side of the wall, depending on the condition of the building, such as logs, other factors. There are certain characteristics of installation Parobarer at fastening material on the inside or outside.
If the walls of the house are made of round logs, the ventilation gaps can not be left: their function is performed by the gaps at the junction of the boards. If the structure is made of smooth wood with a rectangular or square section, put a vapor barrier directly on the wall can not be - it will lead to the difficulty of the steam outlet. In this case, the first timber rack stuffed into 2.5 cm (step therebetween is 1 cm). Once installed crate, on which lay the insulation. It stretched over the waterproofing film, and only after that you can start decorating the walls.
If done correctly, it works in the room remained within normal climate, which is ideal not only for the type of log houses, but also for the frame structures. The described method of mounting the outer vapor barrier for walls is simple, so it can be done independently, without the involvement of qualified builders.
For internal insulation of a wooden house
The first stage of the inner packing implies stripping vapor barrier wall surface followed by their treatment with an antiseptic. Further, according to the instructions set slatted crate. The lumina rails disposed heater (e.g., mineral wool), over which the nail or stapler is attached vapor barrier. If for this purpose is selected diffusion membrane, its stele directly with the insulated material or leaving between the insulation and vapor barrier in the lumen of 5 cm. The film must be stretched well, otherwise the protective properties are poor.
Where to order and how much vapor barrier wall
The material for insulation and vapor barrier wooden walls can be purchased in DIY stores. The widest choice presented in specialized hypermarkets. In addition, the vapor barrier can be ordered online, but make sure personally as a product you can purchase only upon receipt. How much is a vapor barrier for walls of wooden houses? Below is a table with examples of prices for materials from different manufacturers.
Vapor barrier wall - reliable protection from the damp houses
When building a house special place it takes step to protect the walls from moisture and steam. Make it absolutely essential, because moisture can cause the appearance of harmful mold and mildew. To avoid this, you need to perform high-quality vapor barrier. What materials are used for this purpose, consider further.
Insulation of walls against moisture - in any case it is needed?
The main task that performs a vapor barrier wall, is prevent the accumulation of moisture in the insulation. Device for heat-insulating layer applied materials well air permeable. If moisture gets into the insulation and accumulates there, a layer of insulation ceases to perform its functions. In places where water eventually depart from the walls wallpaper, plaster coating deteriorates, there is fungus and mildew. Subsequently, mold and fungus can spread on all the walls. Then bring them very hard. In addition, the fungus spores are harmful to human health.
Vapor barrier prevents moisture accumulation in the insulation
vapor barrier apparatus is performed in several cases:
- 1. insulation indoors. This is especially important if the insulation is made of materials, which are based on wool. Glass wool and mineral wool are excellent thermal insulators, in addition, they provide "breathing" of the walls, letting the air. Their main drawback - they absorb moisture. The more it accumulates, the worse these materials retain heat and thus easily damaged. This can be avoided if the vapor barrier walls will be made.
- 2. For buildings with a wall structure made of several layers. Stratification implies the obligatory presence of protection against vapors and moisture. This is true for houses of frame structures.
- 3. For exterior walls and ventilated facades. Paroizolyator in this case, is more protected from the wind. Its presence does not give airflow actively circulating. Thanks to this exterior finish is experiencing less stress and better perform its functions.
Vapor sealing materials must have a good air permeability
For vapor barrier materials are used, which prevent moisture penetration but this is passed through the micropores into the air spaces. That of a vapor barrier was the maximum effect, it is necessary to arrange the ventilation system, as the natural air circulation will not be sufficient. Together with a qualitative ventilation layer of vapor barrier material protects the room from the humidity. However, universal paroizolyatorov that can protect any structure from the roof to the basement, does not exist. Their choice depends on the material and wall constructions. If the indoor humidity level is correct, the vapor barrier layer is not necessary.
Types paroizolyatorov - some choose to work outside and inside the house
To protect the walls from moisture vapor, several types of materials. Firstly, it is mastic. Such materials are applied directly to the surface of the wall, creating a layer which effectively protects not only against moisture, but also allows the walls to "breathe." Mastic is applied to the walls before the finishing layer is carried out decorative finishing materials.
Mastic is applied to the surface prior to finishing
Also, use of polyethylene film of thickness less than 0.1 mm. This is one of the most frequently used options for a vapor barrier. When a layer unit is not necessary to strongly pull the film so that it does not break. The disadvantage of conventional film is that it has no perforations and therefore not breathable. But now the industry began producing perforated polyethylene, which is breathable, allowing you to create a comfortable microclimate in the place of residence.
The most advantageous embodiment the membrane is a film. It is similar to the analog of polyethylene, but has several layers, which effectively retain moisture by passing a sufficient amount of air. Film membrane due to their performance characteristics for maximum functionality insulator. Their use will not freeze the walls, break down, which prolongs the service life of the building.
The most favorable option vapor barrier - membrane film
Membrane films are available in various types. In each case, you can pick up paroizolyator that most effectively show their properties during operation:
- While insulating the walls from the outside of the structure on top of a heat insulator fit "Izospan" with additives that increase fire safety, "Megaizol A", "Megaizol SD".
- For internal use, the "Megaizol B" - a polypropylene film of two layers having an anti-condensation surface.
- For structures with wet rooms, such as baths and saunas, a vapor barrier which impose particularly high requirements apply steam and waterproofing materials such as "Izospan". A distinctive feature of these materials - the presence of the reflective layer.
All polypropylene films must be reinforced with fiberglass.
The device is a vapor barrier - learning procedure
To properly perform a vapor barrier, you must know that it is on the outside and inside of the building is done differently. Insulation of partition walls is performed from the inside, so the vapor barrier is also placed on the inside. On the ground floor and basement vapor barrier layer is made outside. In pools, steam is needed from both sides, stacking technology is similar as for the ground floor.
Before thermal insulation works the ground floor should be prepared work surface. First, it should be clear, then apply a protective coating. More complicated application technology is a liquid rubber, as it requires the use of special equipment. The composition of the material includes two blends that instantly polymerize after mixing. Therefore, the solution is prepared just before use and applied by means dvuhfakelnogo gun, spraying a liquid under pressure.
When the device protective layer against water vapor bitumen following steps are performed:
- a first layer of mastic is applied, performs the function of a primer;
- further applied in two layers of bituminous materials in the form of rolls or mastic.
For structures located above the basement and ground floor, vapor barrier walls is performed indoors. When the device inside of the vapor barrier should follow some rules:
- you first need to mount a crate;
- a crate stacked insulator;
- then stacked film, and if it has a reflective surface, the reflector should be deployed inside;
- for sealing joints are glued;
- kontrobreshetka arranged for polypropylene;
- the final stage of finishing is performed.
When the device protective layer against moisture and vapor is desirable to leave free space for air movement and removal of excess moisture.
Features a vapor barrier device technology framework and wooden structures
In frame structures of the building insulation occupies one third of the wall thickness not less than 150 mm, however, and absolutely necessary to arrange a vapor barrier layer. If the vapor barrier is weak, the heater starts to accumulate moisture, loses insulating qualities and will begin to crumble. Paroizolyator mounted on the frame and trim. Fastened it with the help of construction stapler. The joints are sealed with tape or mastic are lubricated.
Vapor barrier wall is mounted on the inner side of a heater, thereby a gap is formed between the layers, which provides the necessary ventilation in the room creating optimum microclimate.
For wooden buildings, steam is also needed. But it is not immediately performed. The fact is that during the construction of houses of timber and timber account for the fact that the wood is dried to some extent before the construction, and finally it dry even for further exploitation of the finished home. Until dry wood structures are not recommended to perform a vapor barrier.
In a wooden house, steam wall can be internal or external. If external insulation is laid overlapping paroizolyator. The joints are sealed with tape. Further, the heat insulation layer is arranged which is to protect waterproofing. In the final phase, the exterior finish.
If the insulation is held indoors, the first crate is arranged. It serves as the basis for devices waterproofing layer. Further mounted on the wall metal profile, on which is placed a heat insulator. The next layer is made of vapor barrier film. The joints should be carefully sealed with tape. At the conclusion of the case interior.
Thus, we found out why vapor barrier wall. Its main task - the creation of obstacles to the entry of moisture and protect the insulation and interior designs. If you observe the technology and use the appropriate paroizolyator, the design will be protected from moisture and the term structure of the operation will be extended.
Full or partial copying of information from the site without an active link to it is prohibited.
Apparatus vapor barrier walls in buildings for various purposes
One of the main tasks at each stage of the construction is the protection of all components of the construction of direct exposure to water. Its destructive power is capable of adversely affect any building material. But there is another, less obvious, but no less dangerous enemy - vapor or moisture. Fungus, dampness and mold - that the effects of neglect of measures that can prevent the impact of these factors on the structure of the wall.
Vapor barrier is especially necessary in moist and warm areas simultaneously. For example, this applies to the heated baths and basements that are below ground level and is therefore exposed to the appearance of dampness. Inside such buildings the formation of steam - warm air with water droplets, which requires path exit from the premises. These paths and become the walls and ceiling. Since in this case the steam generation - an ongoing process, the pair gradually begins to destroy the surface of building structures, causing adverse consequences for the home. Vapor barrier is one that is designed to protect the walls from infiltration of vapor, and thus their subsequent destruction.
The device is a vapor barrier - event held not only for locations such as the bath or cellar. The need for such works is eliminated, even in those cases where the building exterior insulated material with low resistance diffusion or walls constructed of a homogeneous material.
Universal vapor barrier material, work equally well for all building designs from the roof to the basement, does not exist. Which to choose a vapor barrier, determine the structural components of the wall structure.
When laying a vapor barrier on the wall is needed
There are a number of cases, when a vapor barrier is obligatory:
- When insulation inside the walls, especially if the insulation is made of a cotton material type. Mineral wool and have excellent insulating properties, besides, they are classified as "breathable material". However, wool has a very important drawback - the fear of water, under the influence of which they become wet, losing their valuable qualities, and are gradually destroyed. Vapor barrier, arranged inside the room, makes it possible to avoid these negative consequences.
- Multi-layer wall structures in the frame houses must contain in its composition and vapor. This case is similar to the previous - structures with internal insulation.
- For ventilated facades and exterior walls and vapor control layer performs the role of the wind deflector. Vapor doses and softens the external air stream protects the outer insulation from overload and provides it free "breath". An example of this can serve as a brick wall, with insulation on the outside and covered with a cotton insulator siding. Vapor barrier, plays a role in this situation vetrobarera prevents increased blowing wall structures. Ventilation gap serves to remove excess moisture from the surface layer of windproof.
An important factor, which serves to provide a normal room climate, along with the unit of heat and vapor barrier, is an effective, permanent ventilation.
Which building material - the best thermal insulation and sound insulation for the walls? Read that choose to protect the apartment from the noise!
Before carrying out the installation of soundproof walls, carefully examine how it is done. In this article we have compiled tips from the professionals.
Materials used for the vapor barrier
The term "vapor barrier" does not mean that the barrier should absolutely not miss pairs. Modern membrane materials capable of ensuring the passage of the minimum number of "controlled" air flow, which guarantees the absence of the "greenhouse effect" in the room. Excessive moisture is delayed membrane and freed from air it is not able to damage the wall structure and heating material. Insulating materials, it is equipped with an internal "fur" trafficked main streams of moist air at the correct path - through the exhaust ventilation system.
Types of vapor barrier material:
- A traditional steam insulating material considered polyethylene. When mounting must be handled carefully without pulling strongly to the film is not broken when the seasonal change of climatic conditions. However, if the polyethylene is not perforated, it will not miss not only couples, but also the air. Comfortable microclimate in such circumstances it is simply impossible to create. And since the polyethylene will not pass air, as a membrane material, as it is a vapor barrier is not necessary.
Some forums are advised to perforate polyethylene film with a roller driven into his nails or other devices. However, such "modernization" of polyethylene did not able to provide a vapor barrier and insulation of building structures. Membrane materials are similar to the polyethylene film appearance but radically different to the multilayered structure.
- One of the vapor barrier materials are specifically designed for these purposes mastic. Applied to the surface walls and ceiling mastic will pass through itself the air and moisture to delay only. Produce processing surfaces prior to finishing.
- A new generation of materials for the vapor barrier is a membrane film. They have the ability to stop moisture, while passing air. The membranes have a certain, correct to ensure proper operation of insulation vapor permeability. Cotton insulation with a vapor barrier that does not get wet, do not freeze, "breathing" walls, while maintaining its integrity and capacity to function for a long period.
When using the membrane materials often an air gap device is required.
Common brand membrane vapor barrier materials
Membrane materials are produced in a wide range. And each model is designed for specific areas of use where it can show the maximum laid down in its properties:
- Steam-proof materials installed on the outside of the insulation, relative to the outer heated space - "Izospan A", "Izospan A" with UED (fire retardant additive), "Megaizol A", "Megaizol SD». These materials are used to protect structures from the outer walls of the beam, panel, frame, composite structures from snow, wind, atmospheric moisture for all types of outdoor finishes - siding, paneling, with the outer insulating walls embodiment.
It is important that vapor barrier membrane is tight against the heater, was firmly fixed on the mounting elements of the system, had unfastened zones or sag, which can cause a "plop" under the influence of sudden gusts of wind.
- For laying indoors apply "Megaizol B" - two-layer polypropylene film with anti-condensate surface. In winter, this prevents the wall material from the condensation, fungus, corrosive destruction of structural elements. "Megaizol B" also protects the interior of the room from getting into the insulation particles. It performs a similar function "Izospan B".
- Materials for hydraulic and vapor barrier with reflective layer - "IzospanFD", "IzospanFS", "IzospanFX" - designed for a vapor barrier devices in rooms with special requirements to their thermal insulation properties, for example, in the baths and saunas.
Rules vapor barrier frame walls
The vapor barrier in the frame houses is especially important to do the right thing: to set the desired side of the membrane, carefully fastened it to the posts stapler, the bonding joints of special tape or mastic promazyvat.
In cases where as a heater used ecowool, polyurethane, polystyrene, and the room is arranged effective ventilation in the frame structures can be done without a vapor barrier. If the decision on the need for vapor barrier device, it is possible to use one of the two existing design schemes:
- Under the first scheme, a vapor barrier sewn on the frame counter. Above the vapor barrier membrane space is lined plasterboard, paneling or other wall material intended for interior decoration. This option is most suitable for buildings, which are designed for a seasonal residence and is not maintained in the winter. It - villas, guest houses or shops, united with a parking lot. In such an embodiment, the effective ventilation of the room should be provided.
- The second constructive diagram of the device provides vapor barrier membrane over the vertical or horizontal lath providing an air gap of 30-50 mm from the wall. This design is suitable for homes of permanent residence or long-term use in the winter, because in this case, a high humidity inside the house.
Device features a vapor barrier walls of a wooden house
Permeability wooden walls significantly exceeds the characteristic walls of brick or stone materials and depends on the thickness of the logs or timber, sealing grooves, presence of cracks.
Glulam, used for the construction of walls, dried under production conditions to a low moisture level, has grooves for the seal, low shrinkage, and therefore the steam supplied to the heater in a limited amount.
The walls of the buildings of logs or timber of natural humidity are dried in the period of its operation. For 4-5 years as a result of shrinkage cracks, deformation, boards and logs vary in size, grooves tightness is constantly violated. During all this time the house is impossible to carry out interior decoration, since access to the slots for the restoration of their integrity would be impossible. In this case, there are two exits. The first - wait for the complete drying of the wood. The second - to arrange a vapor barrier wall by, for example, membrane films "Izospan B", "Izospan FB" or "Izospan FS».
Parobarer walls should form a single loop vapor barrier with a ground and lapped attic.
If the device works on the vapor barrier wall is carried out competently and professionally, then this house will always be warm and cozy, and the walls will have reliable protection against moisture. Detailed diagrams and photos of steam insulation of walls:
If after reading the article you have any questions, we suggest you watch this video, in which experts will talk about why you need a vapor barrier and how to make their own hands:
Tell your friends and colleagues via social networking buttons. Thank you!
Comments on the article "The device is a vapor barrier walls in buildings of various purpose"
I never thought that the steam is so important. Now I understand why my brick walls syreyut. Of course, to get rid of dampness in the apartment like. But I realized that it is not easy. And it is necessary to insulate and vapor barrier to make a special film, and even mandatory ventilation. it turns out, even on the windows device with forced ventilation set. In general, it turns out, a very serious matter. But, I think. If you take the result should be good.
Good now argue what should be a vapor barrier, the material from which it should be, its purpose, etc. But even 15-20 years ago about such construction techniques and did not think, they sewed up the walls with plywood or hardboard, and leave it at that. And when a year or two began to appear fungus, soak the walls, here's the thinking. I personally learned about the vapor barrier in 2007 when rearranging the basement of his garage, he found a note in which the magazine of the "DIY" crate made insulated, made air gaps, spent ventilation and now everything is fine, only cosmetic repairs and do.
The main function of the film is paroizoliruyuschey nedopustit condensate penetration tepoizoliruyuschy material. Moisture can penetrate into the mineral wool and there to settle in the form of drops. It promotes moisture
We are always a vapor barrier installed in places premises, where he started to arise condensate. There are the so-called raw space in the room. To do this, we must first find the cause. If it's a bad insulation or waterproofing, this site must first shut down these layers. After that you can start steam insulating works.
Use as a vapor barrier material is polyethylene film believe unproductive. She, unlike the membrane film is not breathable. And if it is perforated, it together with air and steam will pass. Then there is not any sense to install it.
The author - a washed debiloid introducing readers astray.
First, I quote, "the term" vapor barrier "does not mean that the barrier should absolutely not miss the steam." Upset. The term "vapor barrier" and it is a vapor barrier, ie pairs it does not pass.
Second, quote, "vapor proof materials installed on the outside of the insulation, the outer in relation to the heated space -." Izospan A "," Izospan A "with UED (fire retardant additive)," Megaizol A "," Megaizol SD »» Again Upset . According to the definition of the producers of these films, they are gidrovetrozaschitnymi high steam-power, and vapor barriers have nothing to do.
The third quote. "In cases, if used as insulation foam ... ..." (c), the builders have to fuck to break off his hands, and puzzled the normal functioning ventilation.
And these blunders throughout the article - like a fool shag.
Sincerely, employee of the company that produces facade materials.