- 1 Vapor barrier in the frame house
- 1.1 Vapor barrier in a wooden house. Anyone who builds a brick wooden house asked about it in the first place! I already wrote about the vapor barrier and waterproofing, but decided to separately disclose the theme of the struggle with the steam, since errors in vapor barriers are very critical for the future of the house.
- 1.2 Do I need a vapor barrier frame house
- 1.3 Which side to put (laid) a vapor barrier?
- 1.4 Vapor barrier wall frame house
- 1.5 Vapor barrier walls of a frame house
- 1.6 floor steam, and ceiling frame house
- 1.7 Vapor barrier in the ceiling frame house
- 1.8 FAQ. Frequently Asked Questions on the vapor barrier frame house
- 1.9 Register frame house as an illegal construction in court
- 1.10 Approvals for the construction of a frame house
- 1.11 Installation of windows in the frame house (not just their own hands)
- 2 Vapor barrier in the frame house
- 3 Vapor barrier wall frame house: How to make
- 18.104.22.168 To maximize the life of the frame house, it is important to pay special attention to its vapor barrier at the construction stage. In this article you will find out what materials are best to use in order to avoid unpleasant consequences of exposure to moisture, as well as become familiar with the most common errors in the process of laying vapor barrier materials.
- 3.1 Choosing material for a vapor barrier
- 3.2 expert advice on the vapor barrier wall frame
- 3.3 Ask your question
Vapor barrier in the frame house
Vapor barrier in a wooden house. Anyone who builds a brick wooden house asked about it in the first place! I already wrote about the vapor barrier and waterproofing, but decided to separately disclose the theme of the struggle with the steam, since errors in vapor barriers are very critical for the future of the house.
Vapor barrier - means any film with low vapor permeability, which is mounted in a frame house from the inside, so as not to give the couple get into a heater and keep the latter from the constant wet.
Do not confuse it with the waterproofing, which is placed outside and the need to protect the wooden frame from moisture! It uses a special membrane.
Do I need a vapor barrier frame house
Yes. Technology frame housing necessarily requires the presence of vapor barrier materials in walls, floors and ceilings! We need to create a complete loop vapor barrier, so often karkasniki called "thermos houses".
What is the vapor barrier film:
- does not get wet insulant (not allow moisture to it)
- stabilizes the climate frame house
For this purpose, a special vapor barrier material, non-woven and other films do not fit.
Which side to put (laid) a vapor barrier?
And you take the usual vapor barrier film, and then the side will not have to watch. But if you already have specialized paroplenku, refer to the instruction. Everything is written. Just do not be lazy or have your builders.
In addition to the manufacturer how to put a vapor barrier of its production, no one knows for each of them their own notes. But it is logical to part with his brand was inside and we saw it, they also tried to us!
In IZOSPAN-B it's simple. The rough surface of the inside, it is still wet, smooth side of the paroplenki to put a heater.
On this question of how to lay a vapor barrier ends. You can climb up to the site of the manufacturer isolating film and see where accurate information, such as site Yutafol (IZOSPAN have no normal site).
Vapor barrier wall frame house
Within the walls of a wooden or frame house isolate the pairs from the wall, that is inside. Outside, it can not be locked, the wall will rot.
Vapor barrier walls of a frame house
Partitions paroizolirovat not need, except exceptions - wet rooms. There really is better to put the PE film inside! But not on both sides of the wall.
If you are worried that the insulation is dust and get to you in easy - put in partitions on both sides - vapor-permeable membrane into!
floor steam, and ceiling frame house
Paroizolirovat floor can be a film (standard), but it is possible and a little bit easier - lining a laminate + a plywood or OSB on the floor give a good result. Or even linoluem. Sex - not a place where there is a big part of the steam vapor in fact goes mostly up!
On the ceiling is more difficult. Ceiling need paroizolirovat film accurately because all the steam coming up. I have a text about how it looks in my house - Installation of wooden crates at the ceiling.
Vapor barrier in the ceiling frame house
The overlap between the floors paroizolirovat not necessary, as the top and bottom of the warm air. But the top floor is another matter, and there we are working as a ceiling.
FAQ. Frequently Asked Questions on the vapor barrier frame house
Vapor barrier. Inside or outside?
Of course inside! The steam goes from warm to cold.
Which to choose a vapor barrier wall frame house
For walls and generally better for steam frame house - this is a common polyethylene film of 200 microns thickness (thinner).
But if you really want, you can buy a vapor barrier or IZOSPAN Yutafol, but for me - it's a waste of money. Americans generally use it without any polyethylene and brands.
Is it possible to frame a house without a vapor barrier?
In some climates, such as the south, it is indeed possible to build frame houses without isolating film. But these options are unique and should be very clear to rely pies and dew point. I would not be so experiment
Do I need to prokleivat steam, and how?
Yes! Sizing film can be as a special butyl rubber adhesive tape or glue. Only in this way is correct, it is impossible not prokleivat vapor barrier.
How to make a vapor barrier on the video:
In order to assess the record, you must be a registered user of the site.
Independently designed and build with their own hands frame house all the rules of frame housing. I'm blogging about the correct karkasostroenii on the Canadian and Scandinavian technology. I build and design-frame houses. Mail for communication: [email protected]
Register frame house as an illegal construction in court
Approvals for the construction of a frame house
Installation of windows in the frame house (not just their own hands)
Last year I was in the course of September and December erected frame house, like a fool, I asked him once inside all sheathe OSB, DSP.
1. joists, exterior walls, floors - 200x50, partitions - 100 * 50
2. All covered with a vapor barrier on the inside, the walls and ceiling of the joists / studs, etc. OSB 9mm without air gap
3. Heater 150 is completely filled with all or 200 mm.
4. The device of sex as follows: on top of the joists bed, steam, etc. 150h40 board with a gap between them of 3-4 cm, from top to 18mm OSB.. and a DSP (to su)
Questions From Readers: I am having the following problem. Since the boards were naturally humidity, plus their still covered ognebiozaschitoy all already built in a cool / wet, wet period, it turned out that the boards (150h40) apparently bed was wet and immediately closed (the floor). The result was a thermos: Lower steam, the top OSB, which also does not transmit moisture.
I climbed up and came to check on what the boards went to mold / fungus. Now forced to shoot OSB / DSP processing board with two liquids (Neomid bleach and biosecurity for outdoor works), in addition have to tear off the board since the lower plane is not processed. In connection with this question: whether to keep the vapor barrier or remove it, or replace it with vapor permeability membrane, for example IZOSPAN A? To lay a vapor barrier or membrane on logs or planks I have three floors, the top is cold. Accordingly, my question touches the floor first and second floors.
Second question. How to ventilate the distance between the boards and whether it is necessary? Maybe it makes sense to bring the vapor barrier wall just to the floor (to the top or OSB / DSP bottom), and then leave to circulate air from the ventilation gap between the boards (150h40) in the wall / partition? Now the steam from the walls of the transition to the floor. There are no gaps.
the floor of the second floor - the film is not needed there. the film of the first floor - you need a film. the board can be treated and lay back, let the moisture will erode and close it again, I think, nothing bad should not be with them in the end. ventilate the floor is not necessary, frame house should be germitichnym itself and is ventilated ventilation.
Vapor barrier in the frame house
Vapor barrier in the frame house is carried out for the protection of thermal insulation materials from moisture, which can influence them indoors. It is worth noting that the basic requirement of any installation of insulation is its quality and maximum snug fit to the walls and the floor frame. In case of contact with water it will lose its good material properties, changes shape and its effectiveness.
Naturally the total isolation of the house will also suffer. The only correct and reasonable solution to avoid such situations is to apply a vapor barrier. The article describes in detail how to style it, especially the construction works and that, in fact, is this component.
On the characteristics of vapor barrier material
Vapor barrier is called a special composition having a porous structure, thereby possible to considerably reduce the speed of permeation of water vapor and its impact on the thermal insulator. It is important to understand that material is only able to significantly reduce, but not eliminate the negative process. It has a membrane with a smooth and rough side, "polarity" which is extremely important when installing. The latter is designed to display and the evaporation of moisture.
By implementing the described fixing insulator, should be guided by the rule: The rough side is sent into the room, and smooth to insulate the component. It is desirable that all components of the tightly adhered to each other and to the wall or floor.
Due to the presence of the porous layer and the surface of the entire frame houses can "breathe." Thus, a required ventilation, circulation of air in the space is eliminated and the greenhouse effect. Ventilation is carried out not only through open doors or windows, but the floor and walls of the house. According to research by experts in a log structure, vertical structural elements capable of transmitting up to 35% air.
Categorically prohibited inside the frame house is usually used with a solid one-piece polyethylene laying on the floor and walls. The fact that in such a situation between these bonds will eventually be formed and stagnant moisture. This will necessarily lead to pernicious rot and destruction of home designs. Separately say about the fact that the concrete walls as well passed through a moisture and air.
We emphasize that a vapor barrier does not understand the polyethylene component with many holes, and a multilayer package with a porous structure. Existing membranes in their capabilities and performance may seriously differ from each other, which is taken into account when calculating and planning the work.
Today paroizolyatory features that may be used in residential and non-residential spaces. In addition, they differ in the use of the premises type, including the minimum, average, and high humidity. The final material selection should be based on the operating frequency of the structure, season, especially climate zone, the ambient humidity, etc.
From the foregoing it is seen that membrane protection is required to partially prevent moisture and water vapor in the house structure, including the walls, floor and roof. Fully the process in this way stop, alas, is impossible.
About vapor barriers frame houses
Vapor barrier frame wall by a vapor barrier walls of ordinary houses is different in that a heater tab is not on a flat surface, and on the crate, formed by wooden components or profiles. In cross-section similar to the structure may look like this:
- 1 - treatment of the outer lining surfaces, siding or OSB plates;
- 2 - insulation against moisture and wind;
- 3 - chassis elements;
- 4 - vapor barrier material;
- 5 - components saving heat;
- 6 - crate;
- 7 - interior decoration home.
We draw attention to the fact that about 65% of the "pie" of thermal insulation. Maximum attention to its improvement, compliance stacking technology, the use of high-quality vapor barrier and will allow to save material, and the frame members at home.
Specificity of laying a vapor barrier
It may seem that everything is simple, it is only necessary to fix the defense on a vertical surface and check which way to turn it relative to the inner space of the room. Fastening is carried out by a stapler construction, and the joints are sealed with tape. In fact, there are a number of nuances that should be taken into account. The following are common mistakes that are not allowed during work:
- - disregard of even minor insulator gaps;
- - laying a component with minimal folds;
- - bad gluing and sealing joints;
- - the wrong choice of the working party;
- - the use of not building, and packaging tape.
The presence of at least one given miscalculation can lead to what is already a couple of years insulation will become worthless, absorbs moisture and will cease to perform its primary function. In the end, you will need to re-insulation of the house, including walls, floors and roofs. Of course, this will result in a considerable financial investment.
According mount technology vapor barrier membrane applied to the surface from top to bottom, and is cut into strips. It recommended that the edges do not overlap at least 100mm. Be sure to make sizing of these places special tape for vapor barrier, providing protection for leaks.
Adjoining the material to the wooden elements of the walls and the floor is very closely monitored. Is wrapping and binding around the edges. Mounting of the membrane to the wood Frame component construction is performed by a stapler or by galvanized nails.
We hope that the information on the sequence of laying a vapor barrier in the frame houses, the specifics of installation and operation of production technology will allow everyone to come to the knowledge of the case to the issue of insulation, vapor barrier and protect your own home.
Vapor barrier wall frame house: How to make
To maximize the life of the frame house, it is important to pay special attention to its vapor barrier at the construction stage. In this article you will find out what materials are best to use in order to avoid unpleasant consequences of exposure to moisture, as well as become familiar with the most common errors in the process of laying vapor barrier materials.
Choosing material for a vapor barrier
Consider the specific examples each material, its advantages and disadvantages.
A well-known, but less common material that has previously been used to create a vapor barrier in wooden houses. Today its application is practically not give proper effect and reliability.
Among the advantages can be identified only by the available material cost.
- Maximum care in packing. Polyethylene can not pull, stretch in order to avoid deformation or tears. Moreover, heavily stretched it can easily lose their functional ability and integrity during the annual temperature differential.
- Often misuse the film turns the frame house in the steam bath, it does not give the walls normal "dyshat9raquo ;, accumulates inside the house humid air, making the stay in it comfortable and not unpleasant.
Are special blends that are applied on the floor and walls of the house prior to the creation of exterior trim. It allows you to create a reliable vapor barrier on the outside walls of a frame house. Kukersolnaya bituminous mastic - one of the most popular. For its application does not require the creation of batten walls. It can be applied in several layers, but each one must qualitatively dry.
- Good breathable and allow the walls of a frame house to "breathe".
- Large assortment choice of mastic.
- Mastic securely holds the moisture and keeps the frame house and insulation from damage.
- Maximum accuracy during application.
- Requires application on pretreated walls, the buffed surface.
- Apply a very thin layer, avoiding the appearance of uneven areas.
It is a modern and affordable building material, which allows you to create a reliable vapor barrier. For creating an external vapor barrier wall frame house. Require pre-furring of the bars along the perimeter of the entire wall is not larger than 50 by 50 cm.
- The relatively low cost.
- The availability of the material.
- Accuracy in work in order to avoid uneven joints and defective welds.
The optimal material for vapor barrier wall frame house. For functional features they are also called vapor barrier membrane. They reliably protect the house from the penetration of unwanted moisture in the insulation and in the room itself, as well as providing comfortable accommodation in a wooden building for many years.
The only drawback - quite the high cost of this material, but it pays off in the operation of a frame house, do not need to worry about replacing the insulation, as well as the destruction of the wooden frame of the whole house, because the special membrane film will provide him a long-term maximum protection against moisture from the outside and a pair of side - on the inside.
The main feature of a vapor barrier installation outside is to avoid common mistakes during the installation of double insulation, which often contributes to the carcass to rot and moisture accumulation inside the heater.
- Stacking is made between the heater and the wall.
- It is particularly important to ensure the availability of a special air gap therebetween.
- Films with a special adhesive layer placed on the inner surface side of the insulation. It is important to make sure that the waterproof membrane remained on top.
Stages inside of the vapor barrier
expert advice on the vapor barrier wall frame
- It is important to use a special insulating windproof membrane on the outside wall, so that they can safely skip moisture, and do not keep it in a heater.
- If you attach a vapor barrier on both sides of the insulation, the walls quickly get wet and lose their insulating ability. Keep this in mind when selecting the material and its subsequent installation.
- If not used, steam and heat insulation simply buries external finishing materials, it is likely that the insulation (especially on cotton basis) quickly gets wet and loses its ability.
Savings on vapor barrier materials is fraught with more serious financial investments in the future. Consider this factor, and select high-quality materials for the vapor barrier wall frame house.
Vapor barrier for dachas
Windscreen. The classic version
Improved windscreen. Suitable temporary roof
Ask your question
If you do not find the answer to your question in our knowledge base, you can ask us. To do this, simply fill in the form below.
Please send your question, please be patient. We consider the questions coming as far as possible and effort. Sometimes the issue requires more consultations with specialists. But we will answer your question.